Hail to Old IU!

Saturday, June 2, 2012

On graduating...

After a mixup in the advising office with my credits and two weeks of fretting that I would be sticking around for summer school, I graduated from IU on May 5th with a BS in Business with majors in Marketing and Operations Management! I spent my final semester enjoying life and friends and caring little about academics (sorry mom & dad)....I graduated with a 3.5 GPA and a job so that worked out pretty well for me ;) It definitely is surreal and bittersweet to have graduated college. I would be happy to stay for a victory lap if I could. Words cannot express how much I love my university and my campus...and how sad I am to be leaving behind an amazing group of friends (in the pictures below) at St. Paul! While going to a very secular & liberal university definitely was not conducive to religion or morality, going to IU definitely made me fight for my faith and claim it for myself in the pursuit of Truth.

I don't think I ever blogged about my decision after this post when I was agonizing over which job to accept. I accepted job #2 (aka dream job working in market research) after I had myself convinced at 3am the night before my decision was due that I should take job #3 as a missionary. My start date in Cincinnati is June 25th, which is quickly approaching! I've already leased an apartment and scheduled my move...now to buy all the things to furnish an apartment & buy more dress clothes for work. I'm enjoying my daily routine of throwing on sweatpants, a tshirt, and flipflops while it lasts!! ;)

My mom has the 2-3am adoration shift tonight so I'm going with her to pay Jesus a visit here in a few minutes. More life updates to come for the sake of posterity, May has been a jam-packed month! I don't want to forget anything about graduating & seeing all my friends!
St. Paul friends - my holy rollers :)

Graduation Day
Best senior friends for 4 years :)
Reactions:

2 comments:

Meryl & Russell McLendon said...

Hi Liz, I've been reading your blog... wonderful work you are doing! I use Picasa for my collages. It automatically does the layout. Nice & easy. =)

Estefanía said...

How did you do these adorable photo collages in your blog?? I have been meaning to ask you for ages. God bless!

Post a Comment