You know you are in Texas when...

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Earlier this month I was in Dallas, Texas for a few days of job interviews (tis the season for traveling on the corporate dime and missing tons of class!). I've never been to the southwestern part of the U.S...so I had no idea what Texas was like other than the typical stereotypes like everything is bigger, everyone wears cowboy hats and boots, tumbleweeds, oil barons, etc).

While I was waiting for the car service to pick me up I noticed a man standing across the road who looked like a cross between Santa Claus and John Wayne. I remember thinking, "Is this guy for real?" Then my phone rang and the driver started explaining where he was standing and what we was wearing, "I've gotta black hat and a white beard..."

Yep, Texan Santa picked me up at the airport and took the George W. Bush Turnpike to my hotel. All stereotypes confirmed. Sorry Texas, y'all lose ;)

I don't think we're in Indiana anymore...
Reactions:

2 comments:

theworldandtheword said...

Ok ok... Texas isn't ALWAYS like this. Besides, you forgot to mention the shotguns mounted to the back window of his truck.

Liz said...

all in good fun ;) this guy was definitely the minority of the texans in dallas!

i'm now disappointed i didn't see any shotguns mounted on the back of a truck!

Post a Comment