Pumpkin spice & everything nice

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

9:00am is way too early to already be having a bad day, especially when I should still be in bed for another 90 minutes before I have to leave for my first class. I had a job interview at 8am with a bunch of curveball questions, I'm averaging 4-5 hours of sleep a night, & I'm waitlisted as a senior for all the classes I need to graduate in May. I've been on the b-school grind for 9 weeks and still have another month until I get a break - I'm burnt out :( Yeah I know, first world problems...

I went to Starbucks for a little caffeine therapy and ordered a venti pumpkin spice latte in which to drown my sorrows and buoy my energy for the rest of the day. Starbucks was out of lids for grande and venti coffees so they said I could have two tall lattes for the price of one. Alright, fine. Then I handed over my card to pay. Declined. The manager comes over and says I can just have the two lattes for free.

"Be faithful in small things for in them your strength lies." -Mother Teresa 

Today my strength is in two free pumpkin spice lattes and knowing that God's grace is enough to get me through the rest of the day :)

Reactions:

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Yay for the little things that make life better! I completely understand Senior year being exhausting. You can get through it all- only with God, though!

And as for your comment, it's a total of 10 hours, so about 5 hours there/5 hours back :) If you look through my posts, you'll probably figure it out!

Liz said...

ah okay i was thinking DSMME but the 10 hrs threw me off. gotcha ;) so exciting! i wish i was at the point where you are now of knowing what I need to do.

God bless you! :)

Post a Comment