Another One Bites the Dust...

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Well today's the day. Ashley left Kokomo for the convent after 9am Mass. I'm still processing all the emotions that go along with having another close friend leave (and within 11 months of each other no less) and seeking joy in the sadness of saying goodbye. For now though...a post in support of religious vocations and my beautiful friends of whom I am so proud :) The picture below became some sort of prophecy because now 3/4 are in the convent. Two are now Nashville Dominicans and one is a Mishawaka Franciscan.

May 2010 - Kate/Sr. Imelda Grace's home visit
July 2011 - Sr. Imelda Grace's first profession
& reception of the black veil
August 2011 - Sr. Mary Grace & now Sr. Ashley
after SMG received the habit and her new name

Ashley enters the convent tomorrow on the Feast of the Assumption of Mary around 3:30pm (hour of mercy - woot!). I should have a picture of her by tomorrow in her postulant outfit to upload. My friend Katherine, who traveled from Chicago to be with me in Rome for Easter is also entering the same convent as Ashley :) And yes, I know it's crazy that I have four good friends enter the convent in a span of two years...that fact isn't lost on me. What's a girl to do? Please pray for Sisters Ashley, Katherine, Imelda Grace, and Mary Grace for their perseverance, growth in holiness, and their vocation! 
Katherine and I at St. Peter's on Easter Sunday

Reactions:

0 comments:

Post a Comment