True friends

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Having to start all over again in Budapest and make new friends (I forgot how hard/awkward making friends can be!) has made me realize how much God has blessed me with wonderful friends, especially my girlfriends from church. The word "friends" isn't even enough to describe our relationship. The picture below was taken shortly before Alexa entered the convent and right before Liz B and I went back to college. Alexa's younger sister just posted it on facebook and seeing at it made me cry. Sappy, I know, but being 4,000 miles away from them sucks. Alexa is coming home in May, it will be her last home visit for the next year or two, but I'll still be in Europe. Sadface.

"A faithful friend is a sturdy shelter; he who finds one finds a treasure. A faithful friend is beyond price, no sum can balance his worth. A faithful friend is a life-saving remedy, such as he who fears God finds; For he who fears God behaves accordingly, and his friend will be like himself." - Sirach 6:14-17

"Nun Club" minus Carly, Erin, and Olivia
Oh and I arrived safely back in Pest tonight from Bratislava. I was met by riot police when I got off the bus, something about a rowdy soccer match. I'm spending the night at home and then leaving in the morning for Vienna. Is this really my life?! Pictures and updates coming soon! Be assured of my prayers for everyone back home +
Reactions:

4 comments:

Ashley Recupito said...

i approve... praying for you as well.. Happy travels.

PS Nashville was wonderful. Fr. Weldon's conferences were on freedom to receive the father's love.. AHH it was really beautiful. The sisters put me to work the day before the retreat. I guess that is what happens when you have been there too many times to count and you are about to enter.. No longer a guest!

Georgie said...

Awwwww Dubyaaa!!

So blessed to have YOU as our friend... love and miss you bunches!

"There is nothing on this earth to be prized more than true friendship."
~ St. Thomas Aquinas

praying for you <3

Carly O'Connor said...

I am touched that I am considered a member of the Nun Club! :-)
We miss you too!!! Keep soaking it all in and praying for us as we pray for you, and we'll all be home again before we know it!

Anonymous said...

You make me miss..even more than i already do.

btw: Its Arika:)

Post a Comment