2. Churches are not heated and are even colder than the outside temperature
3. Communion lines at Mass do not exist - just walk up whenever and wherever
4. Asking your waiter to split the check will not end well
5. If a sign reads "Tourist STOP" that means something cool is inside and you should open the door :)
6. Breading and sugar look indistinguishable at the szupermarket, Hungarian labels don't help either
7. 1/2,6 means 5:30, not 6:30...!
8. It is possible to eat a whole jar of Nutella in one week
Today while I was waiting to get on the metro a tourist asked me if I spoke English and then asked for directions. I've been in Budapest one week and I'm already started to feel less like a long-term tourist and more like a Budapestian! I'm not sure if I look obviously like an American or not. I definitely can not tell who is Hungarian and who is not.
|Hungarian Parliament along the Danube River|