Lessons learned

Sunday, February 6, 2011

1. Netflix, Hulu, and Pandora do not work internationally
2. Churches are not heated and are even colder than the outside temperature
3. Communion lines at Mass do not exist - just walk up whenever and wherever
4. Asking your waiter to split the check will not end well
5. If a sign reads "Tourist STOP" that means something cool is inside and you should open the door :)
6. Breading and sugar look indistinguishable at the szupermarket, Hungarian labels don't help either
7. 1/2,6 means 5:30, not 6:30...!
8. It is possible to eat a whole jar of Nutella in one week

Today while I was waiting to get on the metro a tourist asked me if I spoke English and then asked for directions. I've been in Budapest one week and I'm already started to feel less like a long-term tourist and more like a Budapestian! I'm not sure if I look obviously like an American or not. I definitely can not tell who is Hungarian and who is not.

Hungarian Parliament along the Danube River
Reactions:

1 comments:

Dominic said...

"4. Asking your waiter to split the check will not end well"

Great lesson to learn early on your trip. This will serve you well throughout Europe :)

Glad to hear that things are going well!

Post a Comment