Budapest or Bust!

Thursday, November 4, 2010

After the most challenging semester of my collegiate experience so far (i-core + internship interviews) I'll be moving abroad to study in Budapest, Hungary, for the spring 2011 semester!! I arrive in Hungary January 27th and will return at the end of May. I'll be attending Corvinus University in Budapest, via an exchange program with the Kelley School of Business here at IU. I plan on using this blog to keep you all updated on my adventures in Budapest and throughout Europe :)

I had a hard time deciding whether to study in Budapest or Hong Kong. I went back and forth for several months and even made an Excel spreadsheet analyzing the costs & benefits of each program (b-school nerd right here!). But in the end, Budapest seemed to choose me. I went on a pilgrimage to Italy last summer and our priests celebrated Mass at St. Peter's Basilica in the Hungarian Chapel of Our Lady. I remember thinking, "Hungary? Who goes to Hungary?" In August I was reminded that one of my patron saints is St. Elizabeth of Hungary. God kept sending me other little hints. For example, I was at a friend's house and we watched a documentary about the persecution of religious orders in central/eastern Europe during the Cold War. Several nuns from Budapest were featured in the documentary.

Sts. Elizabeth and Stephen of Hungary, pray for me!
Reactions:

2 comments:

Estefanía said...

I'm so excited for you!!! You are going to have such an amazing & blessed semester! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment